OUR VISION AND AIM
Our VISION is based on the Biblical picture of running water - cleansing, healing and renewing (Ezekiel 47:1-12 and Revelation 22:1-2).
Our AIM is to offer:
- A window into the life of the kingdom of God in the centre of one of the most famous cities in the world. Based in a beautiful former church, with origins stretching back more than a millennium, we seek to demonstrate God's character and concerns for the world today.
- Hospitality, welcoming in the name of Jesus Christ and providing a source of spiritual, physical and social refreshments for guests through our restaurant and café, prayer area and facilities for young children.
- Healing through intercessory prayer, listening ministry and, professionally, through the Spurriergate Counselling Service.
- A commitment to justice through displaying and selling fairly traded goods, in our dealings with our partners, and in hosting exhibitions and charitable events. Beyond our walls we connect with aid agencies, our communities, this city and the wider world.
- A Christian community as a hub at the heart of York, beating with God's love, and as a place to meet and a resource for churches, groups and wider gatherings.